Old 23-06-2003, 04:20 PM
kate

Default Wild Strawberry in the Perennial Garden

Fleemo wrote:

A little patch of what I believe to be wild strawberry (or ornamental
strawberry, I'm guessing) sprang up in my perennial garden this
season. The leaves look like strawberry leaves, but the strawberries
are small, pistachio-sized fruits that don't look particularly
appetizing. The foliage is fairly attractive, but I'm wondering if
there's a downside to giving it some space in my garden. Is it
invasive?

I'm in TN and my yard has more wild strawberry then grass. It's invasive
in the gardens, but easy to pull.