Old 23-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Kay Easton

Default Help with flower ID please???

In article , Alan
writes
Hi,

I'm currently cataloguing the plants in my garden. (89 so far) I've come a
cross one I don't know the name of. I hoping someone can tell me both the
botanical name and the common name. I've seen it a lot of local gardens
(north of Scotland) where it seems to grow without much care at all. In fact
some of you may prefer to call it a weed than a garden flower. If it is a
weed it's a nice one and I'll be giving it permission to stay regardless

The plant is herbaceous and grows to about 3' with purple flower spikes.
Individual flowers are only about 8 to 10 mm across.

Here's a link to a photo showing the flower spike and leaves.

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~haggis63/flower-view1.jpg

...and here's a closer view of the individual flowers.

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~haggis63/flower-view2.jpg

Linaria
--
Kay Easton