Old 05-03-2003, 05:51 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Anyone have plans for a diy minnow trap?

Boy,

We like the two-bottle trap even better than the reverse-neck-and-mesh-bag
model we have been using. The side slits are important, however.

We cut and reverse the neck of a 2-litre for a funnel entrance and then cut
a 2" hole in the side of our pop bottle. Then, we put a drawstring mesh bag
over the back side of the bottle. The fish either stay in the bottle or
exit the hole into the mesh bag. It allows them to breathe.

As I think about yours, we could skip the reversed end and just cut the hole
in the side. They would still find their way in the end.

Thanks for the idea.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"K30a" wrote in message

Take a look at commercial minnow traps and then use two big pop bottles to
mimic them. Cut the bottoms off, attach them together with tops facing
outwards, make some slits along the sides, attach a string to retrieve,

flush
out all the air when you drop it in and bait with a tuna or chicken kitty
treat.

good luck!
k30a