Old 23-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Loretta,Victoria, B.C.

Default Color me DISCOURAGED!

"Szpond" wrote in message
Have lost 12+ comets and koi to the local heron (of course
he took our favorite ones). Have string around pond, floating snake, and

heron
statue. Took another one this week! Have lots of hiding spots for the

fish,
but they come right to surface everytime we approach.

Cathy

Hi Cathy: I also lost most of my favorite (and biggest) fish to herons in
late May. I had just taken the net off from the winter. So I bought one of
those "Scarecrow" sprinklers and installed it on May 30th. Since installed
I have not lost any fish. I leave it on 24 hrs a day to help discourage
Raccoons at night. Not sure how it works against the raccoons yet, but no
sign of them so far. May have to wait a month or two to see. Wish I had
bought one years ago!
Loretta