Old 23-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Frogleg

Default Tree-Cutting Crisis with my neighbor

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:57:56 -0400, "TheKeith" wrote:

"CpRensCoNY" wrote in message

You are writing on
a garden line so you should know or try to know a bit more about the

silver
maple. If you follow the postings it is clear that you are the catalyst

of the
trouble.

And from what do you base this on? If things were left up to me, I would
just leave well-enough alone. Besides, my folks had no idea how big that
tree was eventually going to get and that it would encroach on their side.

If "well-enough" were leaving the tree undisturbed, of *course* you'd
have been in favor. Your original post mentioned a "monster tree" and
now you say your parents had no clue when they planted it. Heaven
knows, this happens to everyone. See the thread on mint! Big old trees
aren't automatically real estate bonuses. This one, from your photos,
doesn't exactly seem situated in a place where you gratefully recline
in its shade on a summer afternoon. You can save yourself a whole heap
of grief by going to the neighbor, suggesting you both share the cost
of removing the tree (haggle like crazy about who's responsible for
drilling out the stump), and getting on with your life. IMHO.