Old 23-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Tracy Lorraine Smith

Default Tiffany and Perfume Delight

I have both Tiffany and Charlotte Armstrong. Charlotte is a deep
fuschia pink, with the same touch of yellow at the base of the petals.
The blooms are full and the petals are ruffled, it's very pretty,
and smells GREAT. Now that I know they're related, I'm going to have
to go home and compare how they smell. They are both very fragrant
in my garden!

Tracy Lorraine Smith Boulder, CO Zone 5

Daniel Hanna wrote:
In JTill10610 wrote:

Try the above site for a great picture of the Tiffany Rose. It is just
an outstanding rose, fragrant, easy to grow, one that I will always
have a place for. (Maybe the one you have is not a Tiff.!) The Double
Delight is well named for it is truly Doubly Delightful!

Did you know that Tiffany and Double Delight are in the same family tree?
The genealogy is:

1954 Charlotte Armstrong x Girona = Tiffany
1963 Tiffany x Cavalcade = Granada
1977 Granada x Garden Party = Double Delight

Girona, a Spanish-bred rose, is the source of the 'damask' fragrance
present in Tiffany, Granada and Double Delight. Garden Party has Peace
as a parent, which may help explain the luxurious bloom form.

I love this whole 'line'.

I wonder what Charlotte Armstrong is like. Anyone? Maybe I should find
one somewhere and plant a family reunion!