Old 23-06-2003, 09:20 PM
V_coerulea

Default Tomatos

This is true that it is due to calcium absorbtion. Liming the soil well
prior to planting is a good idea and preventative. Spraying with calcium
chloride may help the plant with a quick fix for the next fruits (throw on
some lime for some extra help on down the line). Good luck.

From: "Wendy Cyrenne

live on Vancouver Island and my tomatoes in my greenhouse are now

getting
a brown spot on the bottom of the actual tomato. Does anyone know what
causes that?

Blossom end rot is a metabolic condition involving calcxim absorbsion

under
certain environmental conditions which can occur with the early fruit set
There is no established treatmen t as it usually disappears with later

fruit
sets. There are numerous home remedies none of which has been actually

proven
to work