Old 05-03-2003, 07:05 AM
Cass

Default Mature size of these roses

Julie wrote:

Cass wrote

SGMCl has 5 to 6 foot canes in my garden, quite lax and lithe, with
plenty of prickles. The wood is a little delicate to galls, scratches
and assaults. I intend to grow mine as a large, fountain shaped shrub,
like a hybrid musk (big surprise there ;~) Hmm, I only planted it last
year, May 2002. Yes, it did not like living in a pot and needed to get
in the ground. The minute that sucker is ready to move out of a 2
gallon, I'd put it directly in the ground.

Thanks Cass. That's what I would like to do with mine also, just
wasn't sure it would stand up alone. I have some others growing that
way and I love the way the plants look. Mine's coming from Ashdown, 1
qt I think, so it shouldn't be long before it's ready for the ground.
Is the fragrance as good as I've heard?

hmm. The clove scent is unusual, tho to my nose, nothing smells better
on the air than Excellenz von Schubert and Lavender Lassie. I'm talking
about smell from 10 feet. Up close, I'm a sucker for the bourbons. My
SGMC is grown on an open windy hillside. Maybe in a protected, warm,
close space, the scent would carry on the air. You're in a warm
climate, as I recall? You can let us know what you think, after it has
a chance to grow a bit.

--
-=-
Cass