Old 23-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Glenna Rose

Default Fertilizer & Tomatoes in Pots question

writes:

When one of my really organized [read: anal retentive with creative
talent] friends
comes over, I grab a legal pad and ask them to tell me what they would do.
Man, I've
gotten some *great* ideas like that! They look right past clutter, weeds,
dead
snowmachines, and the radial arm saw in the yard because we're still
building and
tell me what to do and where. *big grin* (I've done the same inside the
house.)

What a great idea, Jan! There are some people who have visited my yard
that could have used that diversion. g Among other things, I have left
low branches on various fruit trees so my granddaughters (2 and 4) can
pick their own fruit and was told, quite curtly in front of many other
guests, that I "should keep those branches cut so they don't interfere
with mowing." I guess I should giver her credit for noticing that I mowed
(or maybe she planned to do all my future mowing). LOL

I also have a huge fennel plant that I've left there for three years that
I am often told is "overgrown and should be pulled." Again, it is there
for the little girls because they love it so.

Isn't it great we are all different?! If we all liked the same things and
did things the same way, it'd sure be a boring world.

Glenna