Old 23-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] Repot My Elm ??

I've had my Chinese Elm outside in the horrible rainfall here in
Pennsylvania for the past month.
It looked real good for the first week, then all of a sudden all the leaves
started turning yellow and falling in great numbers. I'd bet I have less
than 25% of the leaves left.

I picked off all the yellow leaves and discovered new buds behind each.

I've decided that it's getting waterlogged. I've moved it inside and will
return it to a normal watering schedule when the sun shines with some
regularity.

The soil looks rather poor. Not your typical good draining bonsai soil.

Is it too late to re-pot this year ?

Mark Hill - Zone 6
(floating towards Zone 3!)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++