Old 24-06-2003, 04:44 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default Miracle Grow vs. Organic

"Seeker" wrote:

I'm debating whether or not to use Miracle Grow on my vegetable garden. I
like the idea of organic gardening, but don't know what to fertilize with.
It also seems that Miracle Grow gardens would have more yield. Opinions?

Also, how often should I water and fertilize? I know it depends on
temperature, climate, etc. Let's assume Northeastern U.S. with an already
wet season. I've held off watering because of it, but what should I do if,
say, there was a week with no rain? Water two or three times that week?
Thanks.

You could always try 50/50 and see which do better for you--and which
you like.

I umixed in some old Miracle Grow potting mix in a window box that I
used for transplants. I left a damaged pepper plant there (i knocked
it over and screwed up its root when I removed another transplant).
That is now my best looking pepper plant. I've decided to leave it and
see how it produces. (it may turn out being too green and too little
fruit).

My tomatoes are doing great in the ground--which I prepared with
humus, manure, blood meal and bone meal (the soil was heavy with
potassium already), plus some additions like eggshells for calcium,
liquid seaweed fertilizer, peat moss & vermiculite. I'm also planting
heavily(close) in the ground and so far doing well. So far both
methods are doing well.

However the humus and soil additives in the ground will help build
better soil for next year(my goal). The miracle grow will need new
batches of fertilizer.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)