Old 24-06-2003, 04:56 AM
NewsUser

Default Jack-in-the-pulpit

Good. It will be happy in my little forest then. Thanks.
karen

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "NewsUser"
wrote:

Arisaema consanguineum. Does it need real wet soil or can it handle some
dryness?

karen
portland, or

Moist & VERY well drained while visible, dryer if possible in winter. Can
handle droughtiness better than sogginess, but if you don't keep it in the
main evenly moist for summer, it may die to the ground & not be seen until
the following year. Kept moist the leaves will last deep into autumn,
seeds too if you get any, could be the last arisaema to disappaer for the
winter (& last to reappear in spring).

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"