Old 24-06-2003, 06:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Quarintine? Reality?

BV, The website I will list tells you all the why for(s) to quarantine:
http://www.koivet.com/html/articles/...t%20 Articles
read it and then let me know what you think.

I quarantine, long period and use a canary fish, no problems, but I've had
the quarantine fish get sick or at least lethargic just from transport and
handling. In quarantine I can easily and cheaply raise my salt or add meds
or use medicated food without affecting all my other pond residents. ~ jan

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:27:29 -0400, "BenignVanilla" m wrote:

Ok, I know this one will grab some flames...and lots of strong opinions, but
what I am looking for is..."I did this...and saw this..." and not "I have
heard this..."

How many people have bought fish and...

...quarantined them, seeing no evidence of disease?
...quarantined them, seeing evidence of disease?
...quarantined them, and lost them due to disease?
...not quarantined them, seeing no evidence of disease?
...not quarantined them, seeing evidence of disease?
...not quarantined them, and lost them due to disease?

I must admit, I have never quarantined new aquariums mates. My water is
good, and as far as I know, I have never lost a fish to disease.

OK, my asbestos suit is on. Flame away if you need. Discussion preferred.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a