Old 24-06-2003, 06:30 AM
zxcvbob

Default Miracle Grow vs. Organic

Seeker wrote:

I'm debating whether or not to use Miracle Grow on my vegetable garden. I
like the idea of organic gardening, but don't know what to fertilize with.
It also seems that Miracle Grow gardens would have more yield. Opinions?

It doesn't have to be an either/or decision. You can add lots of organic
matter to build up your soil, and use a little bit of miracle grow to feed
the plants while the soil is doin' its thing. Foliar application of
miracle grow or rapid-gro won't drive away the earthworms like granular
fertlizer might.

BTW, I use cheap granular fertlizer on my corn, and compost and an
occasional dose of miracle grow for everything else. I did use some "super
bloom" on my peas because they love phosphorus and I didn't really wanna
use superphosphate.

My brother in Texas used fish emulsion on his peppers that grew 9 feet tall
last year, but I can't find fish emulsion anywhere to try it.

Best regards,
Bob