Old 24-06-2003, 06:44 AM
dstvns

Default What did in my cabbage and brocolli?

On 24 Jun 2003 01:11:02 GMT, (Jack1000) wrote:

dirt to no avail. The damage was done below the surface of the soil. It looked
like the outer layer of the below ground part of the stem was missing maybe
eaten off, or could it be that the damage was caused by the vast amount of rain
we have had in Brooklyn, NY?
Anybody else have this kind of problem?

Look in early morning or evening for slugs, they can do a number on
young brassicas. The rain has been torrential, and the cloud cover so
consistent that my pepper plants started wilting to do being so
un-accustomed to direct sunlight. Talk about having to harden off
twice. Maybe after 9 months of miserable weather, warmth will return.

Dan