Old 24-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Joanne

Default HELP!: Peppers wilting

"Dave Allyn" (Dave Allyn) wrote in message news:3ef75190.502823907@news.

Snip

The wilt started at the top a couple days ago. Now it is down one
whole side of the plant. The other ones were doing fine, but today I
noticed one of theother plants has a couple wilted leaves near the top
as well.

I'll admit, the plants are a little too close to each other. (just
shy of 18" apart) and there are tomatoes nearby as well.. (again, just
shy of 18")

I have no brilliant insight as to your wilt problem as it has not
happened to me. I can tell you that all of my pepper plants have
always been planted only about 12 inches apart, as my space is
limited. I'm sure though that the closer the plants are to each other,
the graeter the chance of spreading a disease. I have probably been
very lucky.

jcm
Canadian zone 5b, don't know my U.S. zone equivilant, not sure if I
care.
No offence intended!