Old 05-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Tom Elliott

Default Mossies in water feature

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 05:34:07 GMT, "Teddy"
wrote:

Hello All

I have just built a small water feature based in a 1m diameter pond. Works
fine and is very pretty but it has rapidly become a breeding ground for
mosquitos. Is there anything I can put in the water which will kill the
mossies?

Thanks

Ted

A good half inch layer of crank case oil will fix that right up.

But seriously, there are some native fish about (I will see if I can
find the breed) which are practically invisible, and do a wonderful
job of keeping the larvae at bay. They are hard to see, so you don't
need to worry about cats getting at them.

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.