Old 24-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Miracle Grow vs. Organic

On 23 Jun 2003 23:11:53 -0700, (Joanne)
wrote:

As to specific suggestions about what you should use or frequency of
watering, that would depend on what you are growing. All the Miracle
Grow in the world won't help you if you over or under water.
Personally, in general, I water the established plants fairly well,
about twice a week. I try not to pamper the plants too much, they need
to be able to "take the heat" so to speak.

My watering comments depend greatly upon what you are growing and
where you are located too. I am in Toronto, Canada; someone in Texas
will probably have very different suggestions.

This has always been my policy too (except - of course -
that newly transplanted plants need more watering until they
are established, as you mention).

But this year has been very strange here (northern PA -
probably most of the eastern USA/Canada). Constant rain for
the entire spring (at least the last eight weeks), and cool
temperatures throughout. Nothing but clouds or rain.
Essentially no sun for all that time.

Now all of a sudden, it got into the high 80s yesterday and
didn't rain. We'll have no rain until Saturday and the
temperatures will be in the high 80s or low 90s throughout
that time. I think the plants are going to have a rough
time, they're certainly not used to this.

So we'll probably water a bit more often - maybe three times
this week - until they become more accustomed to summer. I
hope. I hope they don't just keel over and die.

Pat