Old 24-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Rusty Mase

Default Public Nuisance Yards

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:10:50 -0500, Steve Wertz
wrote:

The next-door neighbor is the one that called; they usually don't some
unprovoked.

Yes, I suspect in most cases these come down to little more than a
disagreement between neighbors. I wonder if the county ever follows
up and actually cleans up a privately-owned yard and bills the owner?
That would make the papers, though. The last one I read about was the
guy in Austin who had created little more than a junk yard.

It is interesting they use the term "public nuisance", though, and not
something like a condition that offers a real threat to the public
health and safety. The form letter is sufficiently rude to scare the
daylights out of the uninitiated, though, as my neighbor will testify.

Rusty Mase