Old 24-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Colin Davidson

Default New Allotment, part two...

"Mike" wrote in message

This old boy had a bike and a trailer;-) We would see him going by our
house with stuff lashed to the cross bar and the trailer loaded, with
him pushing it all ;-)

A bike trailer is an option, of course, but it's a heck of a lot of trips
and a heck of a long way to bring manure from any farms nearby.

'as I get time to plant it' ;-)?

Yes, I know

My Father in Law had 1, and it was a full time job with him (outside his
own 'proper' job if you see what I mean)

Also, do you have a supply of water nearby?

Good luck. (By the way, the veg taste much better)

I grow a lot of veg in the garden already, and yes, they do taste much
better!

The water supply is from a pump about 20 yards away that feeds into a
tank... I've got an idea for a pump on a hosepipe that might make watering
much, much easier