Old 24-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Colin Davidson

Default New Allotment, part two...

"jane" wrote in message

Most of the plots at my allotment get manure delivered. A typical
price here is 25 quid per delivered trailerload, and believe me,
that's a *lot*. I'm still using up the load from 20 months ago and
won't need to buy any more this calendar year. Come autumn you'll see
loads of huge heaps appearing on your access roads, with people
frantically shovelling it onto their plots before the next tractor
arrives and wants to get past...

I'd say ask about in the allotments, find out who has the
best-recommended manure* (ie well rotted, not claggy etc) and beg the
farm or stables' phone number. Then arrange delivery with the
farmer/owner.

Shall do... Someone is bound to have some good advice on this. Cheers.