Old 24-06-2003, 04:32 PM
mike miller

Default lily acrobatics and rejuvenation ???

Either the newly muscular fish or the @@#!!! racoon has AGAIN knocked over
my tropical lily pot. Here in z5, we've just had a few (3?) days of 70+
degree weather, so I know once the pond heats up, things grow.

But I overwintered my beloved Blue Beauty tuber, and at this point
(undergoing 4 somersaults) what's left is the baby's-fist sized tuber, no
significant roots, and 5 or 6 pencil-eraser sized leaves desperatly
searching for sunlight.

My question: how long until this becomes a plant again? Is it even worth
keeping it this year (given that the summer only lasts a few weeks here)?
Opinions?

--

Michael Miller