Old 24-06-2003, 04:32 PM
John

Default They baaaaack

(Don S.) wrote in message .com...
In article , "Anne Lurie" wrote:
For the first time, I decided against using a JB trap, because I kept
reading that I was only attracting beetles to my yard.

That's why you buy them, and give them to all of your neighbors. :-)

-don

I'd rather not put out traps...but my neighbor puts out about a dozen
every year...which attracts them to the general area...and to my yard.
So, I put up two traps to try and deflect some of the onslaught. I
have tried to tell my neighbor that putting up traps is worse than not
putting them up...but she'll have none of that.

I did put down milky spore last fall...and, it may just be
coincidence, but I do have a reduced population of beetles this year
(probably half). Whatever the reason, I am glad that I have fewer
this year (they killed me last year).