Old 24-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Jez Phillips

Default Cordyline Australis

Hi John

Just checked my 'Architectural Plants' book by Christine Shaw. She says...

soil - not fussy, but must be well drained
site - sun or light shade. suitable for pots for one season only (don't know
how big it would be after one season...).
general care - winter wrapping might be needed - depends where you are.
central london - OK. north wales, prob not. brown biting might be needed
(manicuring the foliage by removing the brown bits)
pests and diseases - trouble free

I don't know where you got the plant - but an ace nursery I visited recently
is architectural plants (www.architecturalplants.com) and I'm sure they
could give you more tips if needed.

(I have no ties with the place - but it's worth highlighting a really well
laid out nursery, with top plants, and a quirky very personal approach)

cheers

JP
"john ratcliffe" wrote in message
Just puchased a cordyline and would like to know if the plant requires any
special needs for the soil or tips on growing it is about 3 feet tall

Many thanks
john