Old 24-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Dmitry Akselrod

Default [IBC] Donations; Was [IBC] Vacation Tree Problem

Right, sorry. I just returned from vacation. My brain is not quite working
yet.

still, $425 per quarter sounds like too much. i am guessing that the forum
is a canned product, it's not custom written. without knowing exactly how
the site is setup, it seems like you would even be able to move the site to
a dedicated server at an isp's facility. i am not sure about the forum and
the archives though. the forum would probably need to be rewritten. but
why fix what's not broken, right?

dmitry

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message
$425 per month for hosting with SQL sounds like a lot. I know

a couple of
smaller but respectable hosts that should be able to host the

site for much
less. www.hostmysite.com is one for example.

nonetheless, i will make to donate.

dmitry

It is $425 for THREE months, it includes the cost of the mailing
list, the archives covering four years of mailing list messages,
AND the web site, AND the gallery. It also includes virus
protection for the mailing list and support.

No one ever has to send money to participate in the IBC, but
donations are welcomed. Thanks for helping.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

****

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: