Old 24-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Noydb

Default What did in my cabbage and brocolli?

Jack1000 wrote:

No I examined the roots and looked through the soil around the plants and
I couldn't find any bugs except ants. Thats why I wrote. I also have my
slug population very low as I look at all my plants every day and I kill
any babies I find either by drowning them in a pail of water with
detergent or I spray them with water and amonia.

You might find that you have good slug success by sprinkling fresh (unused)
coffee grounds liberally around your garden. I first tried this last year
when I was getting slammed by them and they simply never showed back up the
following morning. This year I have seen two of them and that was enough to
convince me to try the coffee grounds again. I haven't seen any since ...
and not for lack of looking!

Bill