Old 24-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Noydb

Default Zuccini

John DeBoo wrote:

Dave&Dana Gaunky wrote:
This is my first season growing zuccinni, black beauty variety. It's now
about 8 inches tall and the foiliage is looking great, and earlier this
morning I noticed what appeared to be some flower buds starting low on
the
main stem. My Q is is this normal, and will the little zucc's be
blander
because of it? Thanks for the help.

Since growing zukes is new to you, beware of the dreaded (make that
most annoying) squash bug, aka stinkbug.

Also the squash vine borers. However, my experience is that, by the time the
squash vine borer makes an appearance, I am only too happy to see it! :-)

Bill