Old 24-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] My Bonzai Tree is dying or could be dead. HELP!

Unfortunately you have been a victom of mall-sai....
Its not your fault that your tree is dead. The man or
woman who sold it to you should have told you it was
an outdoor tree. It is common practice that they
don't usually tell you when at a mall or fair. In
fact 90 percent of them are half dead when you buy
them and have been kept indoors for a long time. Most
bonsai need to be watered at least once a day this
time of year when outdoors not every 3 days like you
were told, unless the soil is very boggy. Does the
soil look like little rocks or like usual garden soil.
Bonsai soil should look more or less like little clay
rocks. The little bugs are probably spider mites.
Most insecticides will kill them. However if there
are many of them then they will have already done
considerable damage to your plant. But given the fact
that it is an outdoor tree and was kept indoors, was
bought from a mall, and has tiny bugs all over it.
Its probably not going to recover. The fact that you
haven't fertilized it would not kill it that quick you
could probably not fertilize for a full year and the
tree would live, it wouldn't be happy but it would
live. I would go back to the mall you bought it at
and demand you get your money back. Junipers must be
kept outdoors year round. You can bring them in for
one day at a time to display them but they must be put
back outdoors immediately afterwards. They need to
feel winter outside also. They need the circulation
and light that only outdoor conditions can provide.
Where do you live? Maybe we can direct you to a real
bonsai nursery somewhere in your area. The people who
sell them at the mall are not worth buying from.
Don't give up on bonsai its not your fault this tree
is dead or dying.

Ben

--- Thomas Crymes wrote:
I do keep it in doors, and I did buy it at a mall.
It did seem to be healthy when I bought it althought
I did notice some very small bugs on it.

I know you can't see it, but given my info, is there
anything that can be done to save this plant?

Ben Griffin wrote:
Have you been keeping it indoors? Did you buy it at
mall or fair?

Ben

http://sbc.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++