Old 24-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Cordyline Australis

"john wrote in message
Just puchased a cordyline and would like to know if the plant requires any
special needs for the soil or tips on growing it is about 3 feet tall

Sun and well drained soil is their only requirement. The only problem I've
encountered is getting them over the first few winters*, but that was some
time ago when we had bad winters here, once they get a trunk they need some
days below zero (and possible some damp) to cause permanent damage. Once big
enough that the trunk starts to split and form a canopy (10ft tall+) then
they seem impervious. (I hope!)
* even if they succumb to the cold they often come back again from the deep
roots so don't dig them out, leave them for a couple of seasons just to see.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.