Old 05-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Roberta L. Mueller

Default Hellebores

Hi, Jessica,

Maybe they're ajuga? I have seen another plant I love on a wall in LaConner
and I think it's wallflower (no kidding). It is thick with orange blooms
all summer. It's on that rock cliff behind the stores that face the
Channel.

Hellebores are one of my favorites! Finally last year I got blooms from all
those I've planted years before. And they bloom for months!

Have fun gardening.
Bobbie
Camano Island

"Jessica" wrote in message
Hellebores! That's what they're called. I was given a pot with these

plants
in it and one winter, a couple years ago, I was startled to see purple
blooms! For me they started in November and did fine (in a pot) in the

snow.

I also have another winter flowering plant. I took starts from a brick

wall
in a town called Laconner. The leaves are purple and green and are very
tiny. The flowers are white, though my friend who had them claimed they're
purple. Any ideas as to what it may be?