Old 25-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Joseph Meehan

Default Bee Nest in Garage

Likely not honey bees. Too bad. The honey bees are in high demand
(many of them have been wiped out by a mite. We need as many as possible.
In the mean time several other bee like insects have expanded in numbers,
but some are more aggressive and not as good at pollination.

I second the idea of calling and trying to find someone to collect them
in the event they are honey bees. Otherwise a wasp spray should handle it.
Get two cans one fog type and one distance, use both at once. It stops them
cold. BTW the time to get then is pre dawn and post dusk.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Leo Shea" wrote in message
om...
I was in my garage last night when I picked up a mop and discovered a
bunch of bees underneath the mop on the garage floor! It was pretty
dark in that corner of the garage even with the lights on, but I did
see that they looked fairly large.

After I picked up the mop they made a buzzing noise but didn't leave
the floor immediately. 10-15 seconds later one took off at which
point I ran back into the house. I never noticed them in the garage
before, and I have been in the garage a few times lately (I don't park
in the garage).

Any idea what kind of bees these may be? And how safe would it be to
open the garage door at night, spray them with wasp/hornet spray from
15-20 ft. away, then run? They're against the left wall of the garage
close to the garage door.

Thanks,
Leo