Old 25-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Alan Sung

Default rosa rugosa

"Nelson Kirsch" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have three VERY healthy rugosa shrub roses which I see now in
retrospect were planted too closely together. Can anyone tell me how
well these guys tolerate being moved? They are each approximately four
feet tall and three feet wide. If moving them isn't a possibility can
they be pruned down a bit and still bloom again during the growing
season. We are in Zone 5

Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Regards,
Marti K

Rosa rugosa is pretty tough. You can almost move them anytime. You might
sacrifice some blooms this year, but it will recover. It also spreads
underground. Be careful though because rosa rugosa is a favorite of Japanese
beetles.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA