Old 25-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Chris

Default Exmark Squeeks

Are the brake pads worn out? Brakes make a tell tale squeking sound when
they are worn out. They also make that sound when they are dirth and full of
brake dust.
"Robert" wrote in message
s.com...
I have an Exmark Metro 17hp walk behind mower.
I'm having a problem with the wheels squeeking.
It doesn't sqeek when I start mowing but after
about a half hour or so, it starts a loud
metal-on-metal squeeking sound that drives me
nuts. I've taken off the wheels and lubricated
the axles (what a dumb place to put the grease
connection), but that doesn't help. It seems
to have something to do with the brakes but I'm
not sure about that.

TIA,
Robert