Old 25-06-2003, 06:38 AM
*muffin*

Default OT Harry Potter OT

Ok, I'll add to this..

a couple years ago I was thinking about all those books I got as a kid in
school off of those lists. of course I couldn't remember the titles,, BUT I
went to a children's book newsgroup , described a few books, & wouldn't you
know,, they told me the names ( which I promptly found on ebay,,,,,,,,, oooh
I LOVE ebay for getting childhood things long lost). also scholastic has a
web page that lists EVERY book they ever published!

Muffin who is now a packrat,, after tossing out all childhood things &
regretting it,,,,,,,,, especially the piece of carpet from the Beatles suite
in Cleveland hotel...hmmmph.

When I was a child in the 60's we used to have a newspaper sort of item
called "weekly reader". I looked forward to that. Also had an opportunity

pre-order short story type cheap paper backs in school. They ran about .25
each and we would spend an enormous amount of time figuring out which ones
to order by reading descriptions off the teachers order form. I only had

..50
to $1 to spend ea. time so choosing wisely was important. Then began the
wait for the books to arrive..what fun that was when they came and the
teacher passed them out to us. I had forgotten that.
sandra