Old 25-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

Default another newbie question--canteloupe this time!

"Pat Meadows" wrote in message
Rona, I think you would benefit by reading a couple of good
books on gardening. I'd suggest 'Square Foot Gardening' by
Mel Bartholomew. He has a website too:

http://www.squarefootgardening.com

He's a bit dogmatic and insists that there's only one way to
do things at times - which should be ignored - but his ideas
WORK, and you can modify them to fit your own particular
circumstances.

Pat

thanks so much for the help, and the book titles! I had gone to the library
last winter and taken out a book, but it wasn't really a how-to book. It
was mostly a garden planning book (I *thought* it looked good). There are
so many books to choose from, it's difficult to sift through them. I'll
check my library for Square Food Gardening.

Thanks again, and also to Digital Vinyl for emphasizing the need to check
the website, too!

rona