Old 25-06-2003, 07:22 AM
JennyC

Default Canopy tree suggestion for south of France

"Ric" wrote in message
I'd be grateful for suggestions for a suitable canopy tree to

fulfill the
following criteria in my house in south of France:

1. It will be near a swimming pool, so should not drop too much

detritus
(leaves not ok - a few flower petals or needles is ok). I'd like it

provide attractive dappled shade.

2. It must be capable of living in south of France climate. Water

will not
be an issue as I have irrigation - but it gets hot in summer. The

mistral
winds can hit 40mph sometimes so needs to be fairly wind resistant.

3. I want to block out my neighbours view of my garden (no worries

from
their point of view - very friendly about it!) and so the ideal

canoby shape
will be about 8ft (2.5m) tall, 15ft (4.5m) wide, 3ft high. But if it

gets
bigger, not too much of a problem.

Grateful for ideas.

Ric

You could perhaps better ask your question in one of the French ex-pat
chat groups. I'll look the address up for your later........

Jenny