Old 25-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Tim

Default Soft fruit for two

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:22:27 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , anton
writes

Alan Gould wrote in message ...

Sunberry may be what we know as worcesterberry.

No-sunberry is given as raspberry x blackberry in Hessayon's
'the Fruit Expert'. Worcesterberry is in the currant family.

I can also confirm, having seen both and grown one, that Worcesterberry
looks like a black gooseberry, whereas sunberry looks like an oversized
raspberry.

According to Joanna Readman in her 'Fruity Stories'; a jostaberry is a
cross between a blackcurrant and a gooseberry;

I know tha't right, it comes from German: Blackcurrant = JOhannesbeer
Gooseberry = STAchelbeer hence JOSTA.
Tim.