Old 05-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Gary Woods

Default Lily retrieval

"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

Eventually, I was able to crawl out of the pond . . . Please tell me there's
an easier way to do this????

First thought:

MPEG!!

Second:

If the lily containers have a rim or better yet, a handle (often available
cheap or free at your local donut shoppe), you can use my patented
"LilyLiftR"

Ten-foot pole; the leftover hunk of closet hanger rod stock that every
homeowner has stashed somewhere will do nicely.
Biggish screw hook, from the local hardware shop.
Screw type hose clamp, size to go around item #1.
Screw the hook into the end, tighten the clamp around that end to prevent
splitting, grapple with impunity, even in the much colder waters of upstate
New York.

Rights released into the public domain. It hangs horizontally in the shed
on a couple of those vinyl clad bike storage hook things, right alongside
the strimmer.

Mine is not useful at the moment because:
There's three feet of snow in front of the shed.
There's three feet of snow on the pond.
There's at least a foot of ice under the three feet of snow on the pond
{:-(