Old 25-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Buttonbush (was: [IBC] The BIG experiment)

The main thing that caught my interest was the mention of the
buttonbush. I thought I was the only one playing with them.

The leaves
don't reduce enough, but the blooms are a joy.
Wayne (South of New Orleans)

We've spoken here about them before, so a couple of others have
worked with them. Don't recall who? Anita?

Have you tried defoliation? You should be able to do it twice --
or even thrice -- where you live. I'm still in the
"developing-heft-in-the-trunk phase" and mine have yet to bloom.
Do they bloom on old or new wood?

I like the red hue on the developing leaves, too.

Do you have a pic for the gallery of yours in bloom?

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++