Old 25-06-2003, 02:32 PM
bentcajungirl

Default Growing cherry tree from seed.

I have a cherry tree in my back yard. It produces tiny cherries. They are
about 1/4" in diameter. Around here, (the deep south), rumor has it these
cherries make the best "cherry bounce" ( a homemade wine). The cherries are
delicious. The birds think so, too. I have never seen so many mockingbirds
in one tree. They gorged themselves and picked the tree clean in two days.
A woman who is a manager at a local nursery found out I had the tree, and
asked her daughter to get some seeds from me. Second hand story, but the
trees are not available for sale, and this is only one she has come across.
I gave her 40-50 seeds, I saved some for myself.
What is the best way to germinate these seeds to produce healthy trees?
Thanks.
Perry
bentcajungirl
If there is a better newsgroup for this question, kindly point me in that
direction.