Old 25-06-2003, 03:32 PM
paghat

Default soil for passiflora

In article ,
(Theo) wrote:

I was just wondering if I could plant a passsiflora in nothing but
perlite or should it be sandy soil. Just wondering. Thank you for
your replies.
-Theo

One recommendation for purple passion flower vine that was hard for me to
believe, but apparently true, was to plant it in crumbled bricks. It
apparently thrives in sterile dry soil. Mine is doing very well in fertile
soil that I avoid ever watering, so I never tested the limits of its
fondness for a sterile medium.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: