Old 25-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Sacha

Default Tresco

in article , Chris Hogg at
wrote on 24/6/03 9:28 pm:

We've just spent a day at Tresco, a lovely sunny day and superb
gardens full of exotics. But does anyone know why they have such an
abysmal selection of plants for sale? I would have thought they would
have done a roaring trade and it would be well worth their while, let
alone reducing the risk of people being tempted to take the odd
cutting....

It must be a conscious decision on their part, but why?

Space and time. It IS primarily a garden and not a Nursery. You could
write to Mike Nelhams, who is the curator of the garden and ask him. His
email is:

It's his wife, Isobel who runs the tea room, where the plant sales section
is.
--

Sacha