Old 25-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Pam

Default HELP!: Peppers wilting

In our last fun filled episode, Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:19:32 GMT,
"Dave Allyn" (Dave Allyn) proclaimed:

The hots are all doing well. the sweets are doing fine, except one
plant. the leaves are wilting horrible. I have the whole area
mulched with grass clippings. If I peel back the clippings, and look
at the ground, It is usally dark, moist, good. if it is dry, I water.
If not, I don't

The wilt started at the top a couple days ago. Now it is down one
whole side of the plant. The other ones were doing fine, but today I
noticed one of theother plants has a couple wilted leaves near the top
as well.

Have you pulled the worst one up? What do the roots look like?

Cut across the stem and see what it look like in cross section.
If there are brown patches, it is most likely Verticillium Wilt
or Fusarium wilt. If milky stuff leaks out, it is most likely
Bacterial Wilt. Your description sounds most like Bacterial Wilt
at this point.

Pam

"ElissaAnn"