Old 25-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Pam

Default Big Mama Tomato -- Leaf Curling

In our last fun filled episode, Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:28:03 GMT,
"Mike Stevenson" proclaimed:

Problem is the "Big Mama" breed of tomato appears rather wilted, most of the
leaves are curled or "flipped" so the bottoms of the leaves are exposed. The
plant seems healthy enough otherwise. I have had no problems with insects
thus far, and the plant is continuing to grow, though is stunted compared to
the rest. I am growing them on Bamboo stacks.

gasp! You may be the victim of Thrips of Mass Destruction.

Does the curling start at the edge of the leaf? As a veteran of
the War of the spit! Thrips, it sounds as though you may
have, at the very least, a small, terrorist cell in your
neighborhood.

http://www.ipmimages.org/browse/subimages.cfm?sub=2536

http://www.gaipm.org/top50/thrips.html

http://www.gaipm.org/vegetable/thripstswv.html

http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/entomolog...1/444-281.html

Lemme know if anything short of a Tactical Nuclear Strike works.
Or Pink Brandywines, which are the Elite Special Forces in the
War of the spit! Thrips.

Pam

"ElissaAnn"