Old 25-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Tresco

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
We've just spent a day at Tresco, a lovely sunny day and superb
gardens full of exotics. But does anyone know why they have such an
abysmal selection of plants for sale? I would have thought they would
have done a roaring trade and it would be well worth their while, let
alone reducing the risk of people being tempted to take the odd
cutting....

It must be a conscious decision on their part, but why?

--
Chris

Had a chat with Mike N. about the very same thing, aparently they had a
nursery grew lots of lovely things then found most visitors were detered
from buying by the transport problems so closed the nursery (they still
produce for the garden) All that was there when we stayed were a few
pelagoniums (worse than the NT!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk