Old 25-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Amber

Default What happened to all the fungicides?

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fwz8gn.np65k5khx32aN%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...
Amber wrote:

I came to get some systemic fungicides this year and found that the only

one
about is for ornmentals. I wondered are they not bringing them back and

why?
I heard last year they were relooking at whats out there but I presumed
something would come back.

If they are not coming back can someone give me some tips on using the
'normal' stuff as I used to use systemic cos it sorted it out esp in

thick
growth when its hard to spray it all.

I believe some are no longer approved for use by DEFRA. You may find old
stocks still on sale somewhere.. WHat are your specific problems? As
with all pests you should always try improved cultivation as a primary
method.
//

I get black spot and mildew on roses and lemon balm. Unfortunatly with a
north facing garden that has a lake at the end and a willow tree tending to
get things and pass them on I tend to get it quite a bit. I reduced the
problem by changing my types of roses, but we are moving *touch wood* this
year and so cannot change them now.