Old 25-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Chris Norton

Default Aphid apocalypse!

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:32:16 +0100, Thes
wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a small herb garden in the front of my house and it's all growing
beatifully except for my poor nasturtiums (Tropaoleum (sp?)) which are
literally BLACK with aphids.

I've prayed for lacewings and ladybugs, and actually saw a ladybug the
other day, but I also now see ants which I guess are protecting the
aphids from the predators!

Any tips? Soapy water? Surrender? There are WAY too many for the
squash-em tactic and it's kind of stomach churning crushing them in
their hundreds...

Thes.

Nippon for the ants and then see if the natural predeters can get to
work BEFORE using the insectiside. Give a blast of the hose pipe a
couple of times and try and wash em off a bit too.