Old 25-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Ron

Default Blackfly

Urglers,

I'm all for experimentation and as I was checking over my runner beans I
noticed many small flies buzzing around my small veg area.

The yellow sticky sheet in my greenhouse (Bio Greenhouse Flycatcher) had
countless flies on it so I decided to try one outside.

I bent up some stiff wire and fixed a new sheet to it, pushed the end of
the wire into a bamboo and put it downwind of the runners before peeling off
the sheet's covering.

Within a short space of time four blackfly had been caught. I do not know
the sex of flies but at least thre's a chance that I'll not be plagued quite
so much. Hope it doesn't rain tonight!

Go on, try it for yourselves.

Regards

Ron