Old 25-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Amber

Default bambo going all spotty and dry

"Zizz" wrote in message

"Amber" wrote in message

"bnd777" wrote in message

"Amber" wrote in message
Hiya, I have a bamboo thats been looking sad for ages. The ends of

the
leaves go all brown and it also gets spots like roses get which I

manage
sort out but its not growing more to make up for this. I spent ages
looking
for what type of bamboo it was with no luck at all.
I have a picture of it http://www.unclerob.net (gardening link on

the
left)
any ideas before it finally dies would be great.

hugs
amber

Its probably in need of food or water

I thougt the water and did water more, and its got food. I will try it
again. I wasn't sure if its best in the north or south or what?

thanks
amber

Check to see that it's not waterlogged in its pot as too much water has as
much the same results as too little.
Depending on the bamboo type it can be anywhere from fully hardy to frost
tender.
Lets assume the bamboo is a phyllostachys of some type which is fully

hardy.
If pot grown use something like a John Innes no 3 compost.
If grown in the ground plant is a humus rich, moist but well drained
location in sun or part shade.
Also shelter from cold winds and a balanced liquid fertilizer during

growing
seasons on a monthly basis helps.
I've some bamboo and found that they looked sorry for themselves the first
year and then was told that they sulk for a year after planting!

is the large amount of moss a sign of wet? i thought they were suposed to
like wet.

amber