Old 25-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Tim

Default Hummingbird Hawk Moth

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:30:53 +0000 (UTC), Essjay001
wrote:

Malcolm wrote:

Hornets have black and yellow striped bodies, not "tan". They're just
like wasps on steroids, but without the aggression!

No not a Hornet

What I'm not clear about is whether Essjay has looked at the picture
of a Hummingbird Hawkmoth, because what he is describing fits that
fairly well.

Yes I did but it's not that either, but I am inclined to think it might
be a
moth of some kind

That does seem the most likely. There are loads of moths of all shapes and
sizes, day and night flyers. A lot of which are tan or dun coloured. Tim.